I am definitely on a pumpkin kick! Over the weekend, I was looking for something to bake that included chocolate and pumpkin when I ran across a basic recipe. Of course I took the basic ingredients and made it my own. The muffins are pretty tasty if I do say so myself, even the dough was good.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour (or whole wheat pastry flour)
- ½ cup sugar (or stevia)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk (or coconut / almond milk)
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 medium egg
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips (gluten free)
- ¼ cup finely chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl combine milk, pumpkin, butter and egg.
- Mix ingredients in both bowls together and stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon mixture into muffin cups or greased muffin tin.
- Bake 20 minutes, remove from oven and cool.
This weekend we also visited “Spirit” the Halloween shop, in search of a fog machine for a Halloween get together. It is always fun to run through that store.
What is with all the zombie stuff – half rotten, eaten off faces and babies eating their own legs… WEIRD!
Bake some pumpkin muffins and take a stroll through “Spirit” and you will most definitely be in the mood for Halloween!
What is the best Halloween costume you have ever worn?